Re: [at-l] Tuckerize my pack

Subject: [at-l] Tuckerize my pack
Author:  FosterP599@aol.com at ima
Date:    8/4/99 5:37 PM

I am planning to join up with Jim Hipp, "South Walker" in New York next week
and walk south to PennMar.  That is if I can keep up  Here is what I am
wearing and packing:

Dana Design Jet Pack with Wetrib                                  4 lbs  8 oz
Moss Helix tent with ground sheet                                  4       8
Ridgerest 3/4
        9
Sleeping bag liner
     15
Primus stove
       11
            fuel
              9
Shorts (2)                                  One pair

          17
Coolmax Tees (2)                            One shirt

     15
Silk johns top & bottom                     loose the bottoms

     9
Toilet paper
           5
Puff ball jacket                            Nope.
     1
Tevas                                       Forget 'em! 801s!

   1        4
Cup
              4
Toboggan                                    I've never seen a 2 ounce tobaggan
                                            that could handle MidAtlantic rocks.
           2
Nylon rain anorek
       10
Water proof bag for clothes and sleeping bag                               5
head net
             2
Nalgene bottle
          6
Platypus 3 ltr w/hose & valve
    4
Deet                                      Yuckie!

             2
Titanium pot
          6
Misc
            9
New Balance 801                              Don't count shoes in pack weight.
                                             (But we count all clothes?!?!)

    29                          This drops 61 ounces, roughly 3.8 pounds.
                                You're welcome! (BTW, is your first aid and
                                and flashlight and lighter in "Misc  9"??)

I think this comes to about 22 1/2 lbs without food or water.  What have I
left out and what can I eliminate?  Have at it.

Foster Parsons
First Pilgrim