Re: [at-l] Nine and a half DAYS! Yeeeeeeeehaaaawwww!!

Whew! Iw as afraid that was a thread on 9 1/2 weeks!

Smokies southbound sounds real good. The biggest problem will be transport
up to Davenport, perhaps Airtran to Knoxville or such, and a shuttle from
there. This will  be before the autumn colors start, so you will still be
in a green tunnel, but without all the summer vacationers.

Another good hike could be to start a southbounder from Franklin, NC, and
end up near Neel's Gap or Woody Gap. Rides home are often very easy to get.
I think you have done much of that section, though.

If you focus on the idea of 3-4 hours from Atlanta, you might consider a
flight to Dulles, and hit the SNP section down to Waynesboro, VA, and head
to Charlottesville or Richmond for a trip back. Of course, you would be up
there with a bunch of Yahoos and Hokies. <g>

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA