Re: [at-l] The new "Sloetoe" ????/My toe still hurts

>     I shiver at the thought of anyone approaching MY tootsies with a
>     scalpel again -- the first experience left deep, deep scars, though
>     none show. Toes can produce exquisite pain, folks. Just exquisite.

Great, just Great. I was considering going to the doctor because my toe is
STILL hurting,,,especially today. Then nail seems to be pulling away from
the nail bed. Can't decide what I should do about it. It is black and blue
and I can't even think of hiking. I was thinking maybe the doc could pull it
off,,,but then again??? Anyone with experience with this sort of thing. I
think what happened is that I got a blister under my toe nail. I took a hot
needle (after a few beers) and put a hole in the nail bed. A clear fluid,
like that from a blister, came rushing out. The swelling went down but it
turned black and blue and was and is painful to walk on. I cut a hole in my
boots so that I could at least walk! That happened June 25th and I am still
in pain. Any suggestions? BTW, I do NOT like to go to the doctor and will do
just about anything to avoid them. KC