Re: [at-l] Another 'year ago today'

Subject: [at-l] Another 'year ago today'
Author:  Felix <athiker@smithville.net> at ima
Date:    8/4/99 6:22 AM

 I have boulders to watch Stoat move...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98
"Your Move"

*******Yes, yes, yes. "Boulders to watch STOAT move...." Yes, Felix, Stoat and I
and a dozen others MISSED YOU back on the 24th in the Deam Wilderness. We were
supposed to trim Sycamore Branch, clean out some water bars and such...but
without the KNOWLEDGEABLE leadership of a PROFESSIONAL to guide us, we flailed
and hacked in unorchestrated fleating frenzies, ultimately to "retire" short of
3:00pm, with the blessing of the HNF Trail Dude. Yup. Good people, highly
motivated, including your own favorite Stoatster, but alas, no FELIX. Nada-Zip.

But THAT'S OK, Felix, that's ok! Don't you worry your hot, tired, overworked
little self a single calorie more over it all....(sniff, sniff)...For I MYSELF
stayed last ('course, I GOT there last, too), walked the ENTIRETY of the trail
MYSELF and ALONE, hacker/whacker in one hand, shovel in the other, a veritable
trail John Henry, and hacked back the nasties, shoveled out the water bars, and
only returned to the parking lot LONG after others had departed....The birds
knew of my deeds, however, and sang my praises richly. Yes, yes. Watch STOAT
move boulders.

Dat Ol' Sloetoe......
("Weeds tremble as I pass")