[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Playing with words
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Playing with words
- From: "Turtle (a.k.a. Rev. Howard D. Lyons, Sr., EM" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:46:39 +0000
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
David F. Addleton wrote:
> Since listers here like to play with words, maybe someone can help me with
> this one.
> If I'm *thru* hiking, have I quit hiking or am I still hiking?
> If I'm *thru* working, have I retired, or am I pulling an all nighter?
> If I'm *thru* laughing, have I stopped laughing, or am I rotfl?
> Or what if I were to write: John thru the ball; would I describe next
> year's walk as: I'm planning a throw hike next year?
Boots soles are hiked thru
Turkeys are done
People are finished.
Turtle GA>ME 2K
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *