Re: [at-l] Any recipes?

I like to take fresh garlic and onion along. A quarter onion and a clove of
garlic goes a long way in a small pot; the cut onion keeps a long time. If
you've got other fresh or dried veggies, add 'em as you like. For curry,
cut 'em up and sautee them 'til brown around the edges in olive oil with
your favorite spice mix and a pinch of salt. I get my spices from Indian
and Iranian grocery stores, but McCormic's will work, too.  Add lentils and
rice + twice that in water. Bring to boil. Simmer on the lowest point you
can get for 10 or 15 minutes and don't pick up the lid. Take the pot  off
and let it sit covered for another 10 or 15 minutes. You can leave it next
to a fire, too, right after you bring it to a boil, without moving it to
the low setting. In that case, leave it there for 20-30 minutes. Frozen
chuncks of lamb on your first and second day out are still good to eat. You
throw in the meat after browning the onions & garlic. Then the rice and/or
lentils. Enjoy.

Gorp Rice: great for energy at lunch or for breakfast: rice & salt x2 of
water; handful of gorp; honey, sugar or maple syrup to taste; spices (I
can't figure out how to explain this except its a different mix for milk
based dishes -- sometimes called chai spices in Indo-Pak stores; great in
tea w/ milk & sugar; the mix includes ground up: nutmeg, cinamon, ginger,
black & red pepers, bay leaf, cardamum, cloves, and other spices I can't
remember); powdered milk and/or creamer. Follow cooking directions for
curried lentils and rice, above. Enjoy.

Flat Bread: whole wheat flour & water & salt. Mix and knead into ball.
Flatten by throwing it from hand to hand until thin and round. Bake over
hot stone about 3 or 4 minutes first side; 2 or 3 on second side. You know
its done when you get a bubble or two. Great to eat curry with. Great with
P&J. Or just take the whole wheat tortilla's from Kroger's cooler ... but
you don't need to keep frozen or cold.

OrangeBug said he like the foregoing.