[at-l] New Hiker on NY ATL

OK, Just to let some people who must be as unconnected as I, Went up to
Lake Tiorati to make my first attempt on the AT when, as I pull in to the
parking area I see a sign "Hiking Trails Closed." Needless to say, after a two
hour drive I had to go to the next town and stay in an overcrowded
campground. Let me tell you I almost had to beg to get in. they were booked
solid from 3:00pm that afternoon. So next day packed up and went over to the
Water Gap in NJ and hiked up, and up, and up to Sunfish Pond. All in all we
had a great
time, met a few overnighters and one thru hiker named "Big Mountain Willie,
Prince of Whales" (sp) I thjink that was his name. He was from Florida. OK
Thats all for now. Thanks to those who responded to my initial inqueries.
Bill W