Re: [at-l] hiking,dogs,bootleggers

> What do you do when aprroached by an unrestrained dog especially one that
seems threatening? Do you just accept it as part of the hiking
experiance,does it bother you at all and if it does how do you handle it?

There were plenty of times on the trail this year that I was glad to have
hiking sticks. I felt very secure in the fact that I could defend myself
against these dogs,,,and yes,,,we met some that growled,,,I made sure I had
my hiking pole between myself and the dog when passing. KC