Re: [at-l] The Eagle has landed

>What?!!!!!  Tell us more about your feelings of being off the trail!
>>Leapfrog

I feel like I need to be home for my partner. I also am disappointed in my
toe. I may end up having to go to the doctor,,,it just isn't getting better.
I am glad NOT to be in the heat!!! I hate HOT weather. I feel confident that
we WILL be able to thru hike in 2001 or 2002. I will do things differently.
For one,,,no food mail drops,,,just fuel and a little soap. Will plan on
doing 12 miles a day,,,knowing we can and will do more miles most days,,,but
this is a better than plan than I had before. We will plan on very short
days out of town and longer days heading into town,,,that shower, beer,
pizza and ice cream are great motivater!!! I will test out new boots and
insert combinations BEFORE I go. I need to experiment with packs,,,my pack
weight was down to 16 pounds without food and water and 5 pounds of that was
the weight of my backpack! This is the start of replanning. I still have
something to look forward to. I have learned a lot about myself and the
trail the last 5 months. I miss the trail,,,but I WILL BE BACK!!!!! KC