Re: [at-l] A Section Hike Plan

>QUESTION:
>If one were to do the AT in three chuncks (2 months each), what should
>they be? What months of the year for each? Are there any special
>considerations I should take into account? I consider myself to be an
>8-12 mile a day person.

Do you want to hike with a lot of other hikers on the trail? Hike with thru
hikers? Hike alone? Do you like to hike in winter, summer, spring? Do you
want to have access to the trail towns,,when they are open? Good luck in the
planning,,,I found that all my planning for my thru hike went out the window
the after the first 2 months. I will do things a lot different the next time
around. KC