Re: [at-l] hiking,dogs,bootleggers

You cite a great case of stupid pet owners creating a problem that affects
not only good owners, but hikers (current and future). If these owners had
not found a camping spot, they would have made one. Obviously, LNT is not
in their vocabulary. I would have some suspicion regarding their decision
to hike with such guard dogs. Were these "farmers" on public land, tending
to their crops while the dogs guarded the area? If so, expect more of this
and more dangerous events.

Anyone has the right to complain about dangerous pets, just as we have the
right/duty to report dangerous wild animals. I would consider a call to the
local sheriff's office or forest service extension regarding this event. I
would not consider this a reason (pro or con) to remove stealth camping areas.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA