[at-l] The Eagle has landed

The Eagle has landed! I am at home. Two reasons,,,my toe on the left foot is NOT healing fast enough,,,,still can't hike. There is a family emergency that will not be resolved for a couple of months. We hiked 800 miles of the AT. We plan on thru hiking the AT in 2 years from now---the year 2001. I learned an awful lot that will be very helpful in planning that hike. I will do a lot of things differently. Though I was in pain 90% of the time I believe that I can take care of those foot problems early on. I am sad and happy to be home. I WILL hike the entire AT two years from now. I want to thank all of the people that emailed me while I was on the trail. They really helped lift my spirits. I have learned so very much about myself and my gear. What a wonderful adventure we had. War Eagle aka KC