Re: [at-l] AMC huts, pros, cons, thru-hikers...

     Don't worry about all that money, Pittsburgh. I am SURE the AMC can
     show the huts operating in the red.

     Sloetoe

Subject: [at-l] AMC huts, pros, cons, thru-hikers...
Author:  "richard mann" <hike-usa@email.msn.com> at ima
Date:    7/27/99 10:48 PM

it is interesting that the AMC huts are getting so much discussion right
now, because i just stayed at 7 of the 9 huts.  soooo, here is my $0.02
worth, my opinion only...
     <major snippage of good points>
      the average person pays $55 to stay at a hut.  multiply this by 48
     people and you get $2640.  by 90 people and you get $4950.  that is
     one one night at a full hut.  lets say $3000 average per night for 4
     months, and you get $360,000.  take that times the 7 full service huts
     and you get $2,520,000 per year for the huts.
my opinion, now back to hiking...

pittsburgh