Re: [at-l] Re: Carrots and 'Maters

Good Grief ...

Here I tho't the AT-L croo were way too hasty in taking the sexier meaning
when confronted with ambiguity in a post when this one comes along ...

> > I was just remembering that marvelous mater your granny grew.....
> > Best shuttle payment I ever had!!!!!

And I was idiot enough to think you used Latin, until ...

> First of all, that was one of the worst things about my hike last year. I

> had to leave just when 'mater season started. (The other bad thing was
> leaving my kids, er, cats.)

And I couldn't figure out what you were writing.

> Second of all, IT'S 'MATER SEASON AGAIN. And, man, have I been eating
> them?

Well ,,, uh oh ,,, better not go down this road any further ,,, I've
obviously got this one compleeeeeetely wrong ,,,

> Third of all...I shant soon forget the huge Beefeater that was sitting on

> the shelter floor at Stan Newhall Shelter.

Where I come from Beefeater refers to a trademark on gin bottles or those
guys in weird striped suits and mean looking hatchets and full metal hats
(one of which they found near the AT in NC a bit south of the Chunky Gal
junction and attributed to de Soto according to a history marker on this
old road I once drove on my way to a fine week-end on the AT -- always on
topic) in jolly old england, and so now I'm really, completely, totally
lost reading this post, and I'm backtracking and looking for blazes and
blowing whistles, and thinking I'd better stop and stay in one place, maybe
smoke a cigarette or something, and, did I bring any gin with me?, when, at
last, a sign post, reading:

> Pokey and I walked up to a
> full shelter of rain-soaked folks. The first thing I said was "I'll give
> you $35 for that tomato."

tomato ... oh I get it .... finally. He's talking about tomatos .....

Jeeeeez

what a moron  I wuz ...

eh eh

what's up doc?