[at-l] Way cooler yada yada yada

Well, by semi-popular demand, I shall type my journal entry. I'll keep
all the misspellings and bad grammar just like they were that night. A
lot of this was written in the article I wrote for the local paper. The
one on my homepage ( I think this is the url
http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/ew.html).
I'm glad to see that my momory was pretty good. The newpaper thing was
written 5 or 6 weeks after the journal. Anyway...here it is. Everything
will be just as it was unless there is an Asterisk. Anything between the
asterisks is something I'm saying NOW. (I'm now too tired to write the
dang thing...)

12/24/98
Where's my watch?!? Oh...7:11 p.m. What a day? Started with free coffee +
cupcakes at Mountain Momma's (I got NO money!!!) Then I called my
girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend, depending on how you look at it) and may
have proposed (Not sure what I said or what she heard). Then walked to
the ranger station to fill out the permit. Ranger George gave me a ride
to the Trail. It was raining heavily. It was freezing onto the trees,
etc. Limbs, branches and trees were falling all
around...constant.Sometimes within feet. I, for some reason, passed Dav.
Gap *drawing of a shelter* and kept hiking. The next 2 miles were pretty
intense. Limbs crashing onto the Trail in front and behind me. I was
hoping it would get better, and it did. For some reason, at the highter
elevations there was little or no ice. Just water. So, here I am. Making
Betty Crocker potato meals and wondering how Outta Choc. thinks I'm gonna
catch him if he's doing more miles a day than I am. (Dinner is now done.
It is now 8:11 and I'm enjoying a cherry cigar + "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam in
my headphones)
About last night...
I walk to Mountain Momma's, after dark, in the rain. I see the lights and
breath a sigh of relief. *top of page two*
I walk in. The place is full of people. They are all dressed up. "Hmmm" I
think. "Do you have a place for hikers to stay?" I ask the older woman
I'm guessing to be "Momma". "Well, yeah. The bunk house." People start
scurrying about. Momma says "He'll get the bunkhouse ready. Go with him
and I'll get you something to eat." "How about one of those 'Texas
Cheeseburgers' you're famous for?" I asked. "The grille is closed. I'll
get you a plate of food." Again, I'm thinking "Hmmm." So, I go out to the
pink bunkhouse and get out of my wet cloths and get my bed ready. I then
Inside is HAM, MAC + REAL CHEESE, Green beans, dressing (real dressing),
deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, rolls and 2 of the best
damned cupcakes I've ever seen. A hot cup of coffee and a towel for the
shower and I was set. Out of this world eats. "Killer Vittles" as it
were. I paid for my room ($10) and had $1 left. I bought a can of Pepsi.
I was aware that I hadn't enough money for breakfast this a.m. (no credit
cards) but the evenings meal was free. As I was leaving this morning,
Momma says "You better drink a cup of coffe and sit down a while" One of
her 2 beautiful daughters brought me 2 more cup cakes. I sat and talked
for an hour. 'Twas a wonderful experience in all. (Hey, there's
more...turn the page) *top of page three*
I thought about filling this whole register so I could be the one to send
it back to Bug Bite. I shant. (Thought, this is easily my longest entry
ever.) Hey, Bug Bite!!! I'm pretty sure I've e-mailed you or your mom
before. I'm Felix from AT-L +ATML. Sorry I couldn't catch you. I'm an old
man (ask Movin' Groose)
Well, all for now, I reckon. It is 8:30 and I'm going to bed so I can get
an early start and catch that Mennonite kid. It is supposed to snow 4-5"
tomorrow. Should be fun. What's the deal with the stream running
"THROUGH" this shelter anyway. I loved what they did at Dav. Gap *another
drawing fo a shelter* Hopefully they'll do all these old shelters that
way.
               Baah!!! And Merry X mas

*Now insert my signature, as seen on top of my homepage. This is what I
used to sign every register, and a few bathroom walls.*

Felix Navidad

"Don't believe in the Devil,
    But the Truth is not the same without the lies he made up"
                                 U2

*There. That wasn't so bad. I think I know where I'm going to be on 12/23
this year. The pink bunkhouse...*

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98