[at-l] Stiches: news at 8:00pm

     Got a call from Mara today!

     She's one day out of Connecticut, has been slackpacking heavily since
     even northern Virginia: the heat has been taking a toll this year.
     Water is hard to find (ok, in the MidAtlantics, at this time of year,
     is there a year when it's NOT been hard to find??), when it is found,
     the water is frequently nasty (yeah, not unusual-- at least not at
     face value...), motels and deli's are playing a big role, with even
     the occasional rent-a-car. Jeez....They (her current linkage of
     hikers) sound hot, dreared, but dealing well.

     I'll tell more tomorrow, 'cause she and I will talk about 8:00 central
     daylight time, 9:00 eastern daylight time. If you'd like to leave her
     a message, or have me pass on her (payphone's) telephone number, leave
     me a message at (317) 322 - 0119, and I'll relay it. I will be rushing
     around doing chores between now and then, HOPEFULLY getting home about
     7:00 central, 8:00 eastern.

     Sloetoe
     (almost thinking seriously about
     banging out a three month solo