[at-l] Pt 4 Pittsburgh is HIKING!!!!

new england hike- day 4 - gale hut to zealand falls hut

eye slept on the porch of the hut.  it seemed a better way to get some sleep,
plus eye love sleeping outdoors.  some critter made its way on to the porch
twice that i remember, but scurried off upon sensing me...

breakfast was cream of wheat with brown sugar, raisins, and granola, eggs with
something red in them, and orange juice.  not as fulfilling as the day before,
but plentiful...

timmy and shamrock were off by 7:45am and eye was ready at 8am.  mrs gorp was
bidding us all farewell, and hike the first few feet with me before turning
south and heading for a side trail.  eye turned north and began my assault of
south twin.  many rest stops later, i was rewarded with spectacular views...

the rest of the hike offered some extended level parts (for the first time in 4
days), a minor assault of mount guyot, and some steep descents.  the rain began
just before guyot, and increased in intensity for the rest of the hike.  at
times it was refreshing, but the descents are made just that much more difficult
when the rocks are wet.  i made the entire 7 mile trip i 8.5 hours, arriving at
zealand falls hut around 4:30pm.  the ladies had been there since about 3pm...

this hut is situated right next to a cascading waterfall, the sound of which
makes a person want to pee all of the time.  supper was rice and veggie soup,
bread, salad, corn, rotini pasta with tomato sauce, and pan baked spinach and
cheese calzones...

eye badly need a shower...

pittsburgh