[at-l] Pt 1 Pittsburgh is HIKING!!!!

new england hike - day 1 - mount mousilauke

the players:

timmy - this hike is to finish the last 130 miles of her appalachian trail
hike...

peter pan, timmy's husband - will be doing support for the group, and intends to
hike the AT from hanover to glencliff while we are in the mountains...

shamrock - along to hike with timmy, and to get these miles under her belt...

richard, shamrocks husband - will be doing support for the group, and for peter
pan as he gets his miles under his belt...

mrs gorp, super hiker - will hike anywhere at anytime.  invite her, you'll
see...

pittsburgh - along to make everyone look better...

and in for the day, art cloutman (AT-L) and his daughter darcy...

timmy, shamrock, and mrs gorp led the way, embarrassing the rest of us.  art and
darcy arrived a little late and quickly caught pitttsburgh. the ladies were at
the top of moosilauke two hours before the stragglers...

the weather was hot and humid, the black flies were not biting, and the views
were wonderful...

the trip off of the mountain is significant.  pittsburgh had fairly well
exhausted himself getting to the top, so the trip down was hell.  the ladies, of
course, just flew down.  art and darcy courageously stayed with pittsburgh for a
good distance, but left him in their dust just past the shelter...

all were waiting as pittsburgh limped in.  a friendly face from '97, hoops, was
waiting also.  we headed for wildwood campground and recovered, then on to north
woodstock for supper...

all in all, a marvelous day (we all lived to tell about it)...

pittsburgh