Re: [at-l] AT at Max Patch & Iodine & Preview

That wasn't the iodine, that was your muscles that died. You over-exerted,
were dehydrated, and had a concentrated urine with myoglobin
(myoglobinuria). Actually this can be dangerous as the protein can
interfere with kidney filtration, and lead to kidney failure. This is not
good. My first experience with this was personal, bicycling from Richmond
to Williamsburg one hot July weekend in 1976. It made me a major fan of
water and Stroh's beer for years! It can get bad enough for hemoglobinuria,
broken red blood cells and blood in urine.

All the more reason to keep a focus on hydration as we go hiking these hot
summer days.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA