Re: [at-l] bites, ticks, knees, answers

>    Yes.  Gaiters all the way.  I love my knee high black gaiters.  When
>it's really hot and the brush isn't bad, I leave them flapped down abit,
>but they rock when it comes to underbrush and bugs and nasties, plus I
>get to keep shorts on!  Yes, gaiters are the way to go.  Plus with good
>boots on you feel like pan.

Agree one hundred percent. I wear knee-high black gaiters all year 'round.
They keep my legs warm in the winter, dry in the tall grass, and keep the
mud and sticks and rocks out of my boots. They are light 3-layer goretex,
so they aren't that hot, and I can un-velcro them to breathe when I take a
break. The best part is I get to wear shorts all year long.

I have seriously considered spraying them with that permethrin anti-tick
spray that you're suposed to use on your pant legs. Now with all the Lyme
disease stuff I just may have to do that.

Ken