[at-l] AT sickness & VA State Health Dept contacts

Hi everyone,

We have done a little research & found the following contacts for u or other
hikers to use for any & all issues of the sickness on the AT between
Damascus to Roanoke (southwest VA):
If u want the latest info from the Roanoke office that is handling this
situation u should call 540-857-7663.
Or u can e-mail your concerns or feedback to a State Health Dept Regional
(southwest VA) person dealing with these issues at rhackler@vdh.state.va.us,
or a State Health Dept person for the Roanoke area at dtabb@vdh.state.va.us.

I will not write what I heard from the Health Dept (540-857-7663) because I
may misquote them so I hope that in the future we only post msgs that are
from the persons in the know.  Not a flame on anyone but just a suggestion
dealing with a very sensitive & important issue.

Dave