RE: [at-l] Trip Report, Max Patch to Hot

Trail markers at Max Patch must have been changed a little since I was up   there a year ago.... which reminded me of my wife's comment once she saw   the AT.

We parked at the bottom of the hill and took the "long" trail to the top,   as you did, but just before we got to the top, we intersected the AT, and   turned right to start the last climb up to the summit.  At that point my   wife saw the heavily sunken foot path with the surrounding weeds and the   3.5 feet tall brown markers with a reflective blaze that resembled the   fiberglass markers you see off of the shoulder of an interstate, at no   more than 100 foot intervals.  At that point she said...

" You would have to be blind to get lost on this trail".

I then informed her that the AT had in fact been hiked by a blind man,   and tried to assure her that the entire 2000 miles was probably not as   well marked.

David