Re: [at-l] Trip Report,

Sloetoe,

Thanks. btw Congrats on the Grandfather Mountain Marathon.  I didn't realize the
thing started in Boone NC!  Good grief, just up Grandfather would be enough.  We met
a guy at the observation tower at Mt. Mitchell on Sunday, whom we'd earlier seen
running down the mountain.  When I asked him how far he'd ran he said, "Oh, only
about 5 miles down and then back up."  This was in the pouring down rain and with
clouds all around.  Whew. He said that he wanted to do the Grandfather Marathon but
that they allowed only 400 entries and he'd missed out.  He said that he stood at
the corner of a switch back and cheered you guys on.

I'm thinking now that the crash I heard must have been a branch of a tree falling to
the forest floor because I never heard a single twig snap after that.  I don't think
a bear could have snuck away like that or that he would "sneak" anywhere anyway.

So, did you hear voices in the waterfall too?  I was kinda disappointed that I did
not get the true meaning of life or something of great import at least.  Well, maybe
the concept that I'm a big ass is of great import if I can just capitalize on it.
;)

Sam