[at-l] Max Patch

Sam,

I agree, Max Patch is incredible. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend too
much time up there when I hiked over it. A thunderstorm was coming, it was
lightening, and it had just started raining lightly and I didn't think
standing on the summit of a large bald mountain with two metal poles in my
hands was a great idea :-)

If you ever get to the Roaring Fork shelter again, take the small trail past
the shelter about 50 or 60 ft and checkout my favorite tree. Its a huge
Bigleaf Magnolia. These trees are incredible with circles of leaves with
each leaf being 1.5 to 2 ft long.

Jim McBride