Re: [at-l] Sleeping Pads

Goody.....two minds to pick <g>
First thank you for the info!
Further questions
Do you both have the 3 in versions?
And have you used them in winter?

A bit of background.....
I have this looney idea about hiking into the Gathering
(if I can get back to training <ugh>).  Previously, I
have used the thermie 3/4 ultralite short.  It's OK on
the ground but not on a hard wood floor.  A couple winters
ago I started adding a Mt Lawson closed cell foam pad.
It adds just the right amount of backup resistance.  An added
benee is that it seems to insulate against the cold ground better
than the thermie alone (I'm not sure why this is since I have also
tested a 2 1/2 in thermie which is much thicker than the combination
of my two pads and the combo still seems to sleep warmer)
Oooops..blather alert.
Anyway, my quest now is to reduce the bulkiness of the two pads
so I don't have to pack my big pack if I hike into hanover.  Any
input welcome.     k.