[at-l] Hayduke update from Andover (a 99er)

just thought u like to hear about a southbound 99er:

From: Hayduke . [mailto:me2ga99@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 9:51 AM
Subject: Update!

Hello From The Trail!
Over 250 miles under my belt now and I will cross out of Maine and into New
Hampshire in a few days, my first big milestone!  I'm in Andover right now
just resting my bones and eating way too much food.  The scale tells me I've
lost 15 pounds so far and my beard is growing really fast.  All in all the
body is breaking in well and just the usual aches and pains are what I face
now.  I think I'm finally getting some trail legs as I now have a really big
new layer of muscle on my calf and big pencil size veins sticking out of my
upper legs and thighs.
Staying at a great place here in town, The Andover Guest House, and there is
a great crew of hikers here too.  Moving on later today for a half day on
the trail then it's back to the big miles over rough terrain after that.
Hope to be in Gorham by the end of the week then it's into the Whites.
Thanks to everyone supporting me...
Later,
HAYDUKE