[at-l] roof racks

hi,

I just got my first car and was wondering what people thought about roof
racks (like I've got more money to burn) vs. trunk mounted.  I do a
reasonable amount of biking and thought it would be good to keep a bike
rack around.  It looks likes choices are between a $50 removable trunk
mounted one or a Thule/Yakima type roof rack ($150-$200?) which would stay
on the car, but presumably I could use it for a canoe or something some
day.

Any suggestions on brands or types or which have worked for people in the
past?

jeff

Jeff Mosenkis				Graduate Student,
jamosenk@ccp.uchicago.edu		Committee on Human Development
					Department of Psychology
					University of Chicago
	"The Blues isn't about feeling better, it's about making other
	people feel worse" - "Bleeding Gums" Murphy