[at-l] Re: Flip-flop?

First it was NOT a flip-flop.

A flip-flop is when a hiker begins at one terminus of the Trail, hikes toward
the other terminus, then jumps ahead to that other terminus, and hikes back
toward the initial terminus.

It was a Yo-Yo hike.

Yo-Yoing is the act of completing one A.T thru-hike, then immediately turning
around to begain another in the opposite direction.

It was planned as a Yo-Yo hike. They were thru-hike numbers 2 and 3. Number
one was in 1989.

Life doesn't end until the body has turned to dust. Hiking to me is a
celebration of life.
Completing a thru-hike, isn't the end of life, but the begining of a new
chapter in life.

Wildbill