Re: [at-l] Hiking Solo

Yeh.  I hiked 155 days and camped alone only 4-5.  Hiked alone except maybe
20-30.  The comfort of company prodded me on to a shelter over and over
again, but the solitude was wonderful, too.  Love the experience of meeting
new hikers.  Love the experience of running into hikers I know.  Love
realizing I've been sitting on a rock long enough to turn my rump to stone
and I have no idea at all how long I've been there.

My thanks to those who came up when I was sitting (lying) down and changed
the whole scene just by being there.  My thanks to those who hiked off and
set me a challenging pace.  My thanks to those who slowed down and kept me
company.

My definite thanks to those who slept nearby at night and thereby made home
and hearth of so many many campsites.

Maybe this year's best trailname is "Never Alone."

Just Playin' Jane