[at-l] Ct Section- very dry

I hiked the CT section, North to South two weeks ago, and it was pretty dry.
(From north to south)
Sage's Ravine has abundant water (and no mosquitoes, either)
Brassie Brook was down, but still moving,
Limestone Spring has water, but lots of mosquitoes,

There's a Timber Rattler that seems to be staying close to the trail in between Mt Easter and Pine Swamp Lean-To, I had a close encounter with him on a Saturday, and there was a note in the trail in front of the lean-to from someone else warning about him from the day before...

Pine Swamp Brook Lean-To has water,
Caesar Brook Campsite has water,
Silver Hill Campsite has a well,
water is not a problem along the Housatonic,
Mt. Algo Lean-To has water.  and mosquitoes.

and here's where it's absolutely dry:
the section between St. John's Ledges and Mt. Algo Lean-To,
and from Mt. Algo Lean-To all the way over Mt. Algo & Schaghticoke Mountain back to the Housatonic.
The Mt. Algo - Schaghticoke Mountain hop was the worst, I carried two quarts, and I ran out about an hour before I came down off the hill.

Blaine
blaine@snet.net
Http://members.aol.com/BBoxwell