Re: [at-l] training hike

> Next, I had a dilemma keeping up with my "pocket stuff" while wearing   exercise shorts/swim trunks.

David, I have been using a lumbar pack turned to hang in front. I carry
binocs, a camera, 3 rolls of extra film, tripod (K-mart special),
wistle,  compass, swiss knife, sun screen, money, medications, pocket
stove with fuel, micro-recorder for notes, munchies, etc. with two 6-1/2
x 3-1/2 x 1-1/2 pockest and a water bottle pocket. Four small pockets
for keys, etc.  It works fine when used with a pack and connecting to
the sturnum strap to keep it from working it's way south. BUT, I think
I'll switch to the strap-pockets.

> Lastly, I wanted to comment about solo hiking.

Use the time to explore yourself without interruptions--why you feel you
need people for fulfillment--consider the opportunities. If you really
want a lot of people (it's okay to want it) go to the beach.

Turtle  GA>ME 00