Re: [at-l] (Fwd by Milt)

Milt Webb wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to this mailing list and I have to say I like how things are operating so far.  I am planning on doing a thru-hike w/ 2 others in the yr 2000.  I hope to start mid April.  What I would like to know, is what would those of you who have done / attempted a thru hike do differently, or do again, if you were to do the trail again.  We are all experienced hikers, however none of us have done 2160 miles in one trip!!
>
> Any advice anyone could provided would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

I had to abort my '99 thru-hike and will start over in March 2K.  My
advice is to "hike your own hike".  If you are traveling with others you
must be comfortable with hiking at the slowest pace--become a unit--what
hapens to one happens to all. I traveled with a patient group who would
have probibly carried me if need be. This time I'll go it alone so I can
enjoy it at my pace. "Hike your own hike!"

Turtle GA>ME 2K