Re: [at-l] Bryson & "Truth"

At 11:04 AM 6/30/99 PDT, FannyPack - 96GA2ME wrote:
>While I do not believe Bryson's book is completely factual, it did describe
>a view of the 1996 AT scene ...clip...

For nearly 25 years I've worked for the New York State in a position that
involves determining facts for making administrative determinations. If
I've learned *anything* in that time it is that if there are 5 people party
to a situation you will get 5 different versions of the facts. Part of the
value (and fun) of reading many different accounts of the thru-hiking (or
attempted thru) experience is in getting all the different viewpoints. I
haven't read Bryson's account yet. I will, not because I expect it to be
THE book on the AT, but because it's A book on the AT.

Saunterer