Re: [at-l] Byrson & A matter of perspective.

In a message dated 6/29/99 2:15:14 PM EDT, AT-L@fallingwater.com writes:

<< Since the publishing of Bryson's book, he's been thoroughly trashed on
 this and other mailing list.

 Why is that? I'm not really sure. However I suspect that there are
 several motives.  >>

IMO it is because he claimed to have hiked THE Appalachian Trail. He did NOT
the trail. He hiked some of it, he says about 800 miles. From what I read IMO
it was a lot less then that. He talks about renting cars and driving to other
sections of the trail. I found the book to be boring. But then I find most of
the books writen about hiking the AT boring. Most IMO are part fiction. There
are a few that I enjoyed.

No, I did not buy the book. It was a gift.

It is a good book for What NOT to do.

Wildbill
Ga to ME 89
GA to ME to GA 92-3