Re: [at-l] My Saturday Adventure

In a message dated 6/28/99, 2:16:21 PM, v2ddelis@chmc.org writes:
<< Finally, was able to get standing and
started to hobble back to my car, probably 4 miles away at this point.  I
kept blowing that whistle hoping that someone was out in the sagebrush
somewhere.  About 10 minutes later, I met my Trail Angels...>>

They really were Angels, huh?  I am very glad you made it out so quickly and
are going to suffer no long term effects.  That had to have been very scary.

This brings up a question for you medically inclined listers out there - if
she had to walk back to her car, 4 miles away, to call 911, and it took them
30 minutes to get there . . . assuming she "hobbled" the 4 miles in, oh, say
2 or 3 hours -

How much worse would the results of this incident been?

By the way - sure am glad I have Leki's now ;)  Talk about multi purpose
items . . . .
dogs, snakes, bears (solar type ;)) . . .

The Redhead