Re[4]: [at-l] A different kind of self-propelled on Mt.

     Then can we assume you'll be signed up for next year's Mt Washington
     Road Race there, WB?

     Ouch!

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [at-l] A different kind of self-propelled on Mt.
Author:  WHHAWKINS@aol.com at ima
Date:    6/25/99 2:27 PM

In a message dated 6/25/99 1:03:43 PM EDT, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us
writes:

<< They run up the 7.6 mile road to the summit
        in about an hour. Tha's an average 11.5% grade, good for 4600
        feet of upness. Sorry there, WBill, but by any reasoned
        definition, that IS "something."

I have other things to compare it to. On a scale of 1 to 10, it is a 5. How
if you want to talk about running up a Mountain with a 50 pound pack, in
combat boots and carrying a 23 pound machinegun, that's a 10.

Ah, the days of my youth.

Old soldiers never die, they just get feisty.

:-))
Wildbill