Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Risk of injury backpacking

My original comment about staying in eye contact with a hiking partner is meant
to be courteous to the partner, and provide peace of mind to me.  When I hike
with someone I am always concerned with how they are doing.  If they are having
problems, so will I.  If I don't know where they are then I naturally worry
about them even more.   Nothing against hiking solo, when I finally make it to
the AT that is probably what I will do, but if you are hiking with someone I
would think you would want to hike WITH them.  It would ruin my day to go out
with someone and not have any idea where they are or how they are doing.