[at-l] Long Trail Speed Reord: Sucessfullllll !!!!!!!

I'm back home relaxing and really enjoying just lying arround the
house!!!
With the help of two GREAT crew members ( Fred Pilon and Peter Gagarin )
I was fortunate enough to break Courtney Campbell"s speed record on the
271 mile Long Trail of 5 days, 14 hours, and 55 minutes.
I started on June 8 at 4:30 am and finished 4 days, 22 hours, and 54
minutes later; at 3:24 am on June 13. Ralph Swenson, Dot Helling, Laura
Ferrell, Sue Johnston, and Bob Dion also provided valuable assistance.

In the next few days I will try to write an article about my experiences
on the Long Trail.  It was very difficult and challenging.  My feet are
destroyed right now, they have blisters and open sores all over them.
Nothing I've ever done  has been this traumatic to my feet.  When I got
back in town ( after driving all the way back by myself ) I drove
straight to Dr. George Wortley's house at 11:30 pm.  He worked on my feet
for about 45 minutes.  Boy, did I appreciate his help.  We took a few
pictures as well and will put them up on the website as well.
http://davidhorton.simplenet.com

In Christ
David Horton
Appalachian Trail  1991