[at-l] Benton McKaye & Cohutta Wilderness

I'll second your opinions about BMT and the Cohutta Wilderness. Spent last
two week-ends in the Cohutta.
We used East Cowpens to Rough Ridge to Jack's River to Sugar Cove to Rough
Ridge to East Cowpens and the return to the Three Forks Mountain parking
area.  Marvelous, beautiful, lightly traveled ... Sugar Cove offered two
lengthy, strenuous ascents, one steep descent, and a longish moderate
ascent next to a running stream, with several secluded campsites nearby.

One sees a fair number of people along Jack's River, however.

Saw abut 4 snakes, two turtles, turkey, and a very brief bear sighting near
the Three Forks trailhead. Lots of evidence of wild boar.

DFA