[at-l] re: at-l romance

Ahh, yes... Romance in the woods. I must admit, I fell victim to that
bug myself this year, with a charming young lady from Chicagoland.
Smitten is a word that comes to mind. I think it first hit me in
Fontana at the Inn, where I was going in for the AYCE and she was
sitting there eating already. We had met previously, in Franklin NC,
but at dinner, she had the gall to give me s**t for hitching in from
Stecoah Gap. It was like magic *sigh*.... We hiked together, off and
on, to Damascus. Alas, she didn't appear to feel the same way I did.
Life sucks that way sometimes. But, all is not lost. Maybe it was just
her grim determination to get to Maine, injury or not. This woman has
incredible focus, and that could've dulled her senses to my wiles. So
every day that passes as I suffer in that damned kitchen at work, I
just keep telling myself that I could see her in New York in another
month or so, as long as my foot heals well enough to hike. Romance is
good, especially when the object of your affection shares the same
loves as you- but when it's one-sided it is really lacking. Magnolia, I
hope to see you again soon.

 BD