Re: [at-l] Romance

Zenlotus@aol.com wrote:

> Kahley,
>
> I was being glib, but not intending to be unkind.

No no no ;^}  The glib bit wasn't about your post!
I was about my first instinct at a response in glib mode...
like sure.....when pigs fly or something like that.
But I started to think about the real romances between
folks I actually know and realized it does happen.
I have probably met 400 people who were/are/have
hiked the AT.  Of those 400, four have married some one they
met on the trail.  And I've heard of another couple who met the
same way.  So although it's hardly a valid sampling, in my
experience,  the odds are at least as good as 1 in  100 of
marrying someone you meet on the trail.   WoW.....that sounds
really high doesn't it.......hmmm.
Finding a practicing Buddhist may make it quite a bit harder
but most of the hikers I know are remarkably open and tolerant
people......the kind of people who be supportive and understanding
of your religious beliefs.  But hey....whatdoiknow....I didn't even have
the good sense to marry a hiker <VVVBG>        k.