[at-l] Bristlecone's in the Shenandoahs

Hi again,

I also heard from Bristlecone who spent last night in Waynesboro.  Today he
was heading into the Shenandoahs.  He said it's been hot, hazy and rainy
the past couple days.  He seems to be travelling in a lull between large
groups of hikers because I know there are big groups in front of and behind
him but there have only been 2-3 people with him in the shelters each
night.  I guess the vegetation in the area is pretty lush and he said it's
slow going because a lot of the trail is overgrown with nettles, vines and
poison ivy.  He's probably just ahead of the trail maintainer's schedules.

He's planning to do the Triple Crown; breakfast at Big Meadows, lunch at
Skyland and dinner at Panorama, probably Sunday.  Then it's on to Front
Royal, and next weekend Harpers Ferry... the psychological half-way point!
I'm pretty psyched for him and for everyone around him who must be feeling
that elation when they reach HF.

One of my favorite memories of the Shenandoahs was FINALLY meeting Fanny
Pack after finding cold soda from him several times beside the trail!  That
and the abundance of deer, birds, and wildflowers.  And of course the view
from Mary's Rock with the sun shining, puffy clouds floating by and
multiple types of birds of prey soaring on the winds.

Twilight