Re: [at-l] Eureka Gossamer on sale

> How tall is it inside?

For me (6'-1" 190 lbs) it's too short in height to do
anything but sleep (maybe 2' high on the inside --
more of a tunnel). I don't sit up in mine at all.

> Can you change out of wet clothes without
> soaking a sleeping bag?

Ha, even Houdini couldn't have done this in a
Gossamer.

> How about cooking in the rain from
> inside it?

This you might be able to do depending upon the size
of the person. If you leaned on your side facing the
doorway with the stove inside the tent you might be
able to cook in the tent (I did this to cook some
water for coffee one morning at Burr Oak in Ohio).
Might not be too wise though if the stove tips (Run
Forrest, Run!)

There is a small covered area at the far head-side of
the Gossamer -- If I put the rain cover on my pack I
can get my pack under this small fly area and have it
protected from the rain. I put my boots under my pack
cover too and put them under the small fly area.

Note the Gossamer isn't free-standing and there are 12
stake points (you don't have to use them all but
setting up in the rain can be memorable).

Datto