Re: [at-l] msr whisperlite

I have one,  for 7 yrs now.. In fact I just ordered another.  Did you see my
post about REI having it on sale for $40?  thats 20 off of most places.  I use
only msr bottles. why risk it? I only wish it had a longer fuel tube.   Over
the yrs,  I have bought all 3 size bottles; 11, 22, 33 oz.  The 33 is too
big.  the 11 is great for wt, however, I never got it to work right. Too, bad.
So, I always take the 22.  If I plan on being out a while,  at high altitudes
or cold weather, or, with other people  ... I have a plastic refill bottle I
carry.  I cook hot dinners (boiling two pots), and, coffee for breakfast.  I
always boil the water a min or two to kill bugs.

I also carry the maintenance kit, just in case.

hope that helps.

t.

--

tjfort@netdoor.com