[at-l] More reflections

Thinking more about the wonderful 10 days spent in southern Virginia. What a
nice way to start a trip, greeted by old friends at the Fox Hill Inn, Mark
and Janet Holmes.  It is so nice to not have worries as to whether the
beginning will be a good experience.  Met three women I hiked with last year,
Smasher, Second Chance, and Aprilmoon. Isn't it great to combine reunions
with hiking?!  Mark went out of his way to shuttle us the first couple days
and at the end of the backpacking trip.  So nice not to have to worry about
the van while I was hiking.  THe joy of spending 10 days with my middle
daughter and there wasn't even a hint of an argument.  Miracles really do
happen.  Then there was the "friendly rain" that started just as I was about
to ascent some nasty hills.  That really helped me from overheating.  It
stopped when we got into camp, started again when we were in our tents for
the night and stopped when we woke up.  Now that is the way to have a rain!
I am still smiling about all the old friends I saw and the new friends I met.
 This list is very special, makes events like Trail Days seem like old home
week.  Has it been almost a week since I said good-bye?  Do I really have to
work?  "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day!"

Went canoeing for two days over the weekend up north, helped the pains of not
backpacking a little, especially when we say two bald eagles and over ten
deer. Still would rather be on the trail.  What do others do to cope with not
being out there?

Leapfrog