[at-l] Quick Insight Dept.: Caving, Denial, Hiking.

     Just blurting out:

     Caving is like hiking in terms of light and negotiation of (life's)
     obstacles, because if you do even a small cave, especially if you can
     reduce your available light to a minimum, and allow yourself to get by
     with the least amount of light and still be comfortable, when you turn
     the final corner to the mouth of the cave and receive even a hint of
     the abundance of light in normal "daylight" conditions, it looks so
     incredibly bright, and colors look so incredibly alive......

     Like when we're hiking...
     we deny ourselves the usual measures of comfort, shelter, clothing,
     food, even hygiene, and certainly in the contemporary era, the mind
     candy presented by TV and radio.......and when we return to
     "civilization", things can seem pretty "bright" -- certainly, even
     conditions of comparable urbanized "poverty" can seem conditions of
     abundance to a hiker.

     Quick thought.
     Have a great one.

     Sloetoe