[at-l] Trail Days bits and pieces - Part One

Had a fabulous time at Trail Days. Everyone in the
Datmobile seemed to really blend well with each other
during the hilarity to and from Damascus. We didn't
tape record the conversations but believe me, we
should have. I had tears running down my cheeks from
laughing so hard.

Sidenote: I did not know you could catapult a water
balloon the distance of a city block.

Does anyone else still hear the drums? I think they
vibrated out a couple of my fillings with some kind of
harmonic resonance...

I took Tony (Ditto -- my roommate from college) out
north of Damascus and up the AT into the woods so he
could get a glimpse of the Trail from outside of town.
On the way back we stopped into Dot's and were shown
the proper way to balance an up-ended hat bill on your
nose. This all-consuming talent caused us to lose
track of time and miss the AT-L group photo op. By the
way, Tony said the rain bonnet he had donned in a
recent story I related about our hitchhiking trip to
Seattle didn't have daisies on it. He's either
mistaken, embarrassed or lost the brain cells
containing the finer details of that incident. There
were daisies. In fact, I think 'Daisy Bonnet' would be
a much better name for Tony since he doesn't like
Ditto anyhow (good thing Tony doesn't have an Internet
connection -- Ha).

On the way home from Damascus, Sloetoe had the
Datmobile stop at Berea, Kentucky where we all
discovered Chocolate Suicide. Some kind of double
chocolate cake with fudge frosting layers in the
middle surrounded by chocolate 'plating' on the
outside. And guess who was with us? That's right. Give
Me Chocolate. When the delicacy was brought to the
table and we each had a taste of a Chocolate Suicide,
a pushing and shoving match ensued between Give Me
Chocolate and myself over the last remaining bite. She
got me in a headlock, lifted me up over her head,
threw me onto the floor then pinned me -- the referee
came over and tapped the mat three times in a row
while the Berea crowd went nuts and declared Give Me
Chocolate the winner. Not surprising to me at all with
the partial crowd chanting, "Chocolate, Chocolate,
Chocolate..." Next time, I'm wearing the Kiss make-up.

See, for those new to the AT-L list, I'm kidding. Give
Me Chocolate is what...all of 5'-2" tall and I'm 6'-1"
tall. She didn't lift me up over her head. She kicked
me in the shins, smacked me up side the head with a
French bread and while I was bent over, reached up and
gobbled down the last remaining morsel of the
Chocolate Suicide. I'm still wearing the Kiss make-up
next time.

Datto