RE: [at-l] Helllo

		 PKLoubiere@aol.com wrote:
		>>Hello list members,

		My name is Priscilla Loubiere and I'm new to this list
and to the whole world  of the AT. I did not know what the AT was three
years ago, now I am planning on through hikeing it next year. I have
started researching yesterday, and am stoked. Now, I have a question.
Does any body except a select handfull go from Maine to Georgia? it
seems like just about everyone goes Gorgia to Maine and I want to go
Maine to Georgia. Why? <<

Why? Because the sign says Maine to Georgia. Not! Georgia to Maine. Just
because most people can't read, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Seriously, Going south means fewer people on the trail. But that doesn't
mean there won't be plenty of company if you want it.

While the flies in Maine are still bad, the trail's been routed away
from most of the bogs. So that's not much of a problem anymore.

As to books about southbounders, I'm not aware of any. But there is an
online journal about our '77 southbound hike.

		>>I don't know, I guess I am crazy. That's what everyone
says anyway. Are there any books about people who go from Maine to
Georgia? Because I have questions for people. <<

Good luck, and have fun,

Ron "Fallingwater"
http://www.fallingwater.com/at77 <http://www.fallingwater.com/at77>