[at-l] best 5-7 day AT segment near Wash., DC??

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Chris Ahlers <cahlers1@rocketmail.com>.
* Please use <mailto:cahlers1@rocketmail.com> to reply to the sender.

Hi, some friends and I are planning to hike the AT for about a week starting in a couple weeks.  We were wondering whether anyone had any good tips as to where a good starting point might be to catch a nice part of the trail.  How is Shenendoah Nat'l Park?  Does Skyline Drive cross the trail alot, or is it not so noticable?  How 'bout other areas?

Would appreciate any input people could give, pls. respond to cahlers1@rocketmail.com

Thanks, Chris