[at-l] Re: ADA, I started it

Well folks, I guess I should know better than to start a topic like this
and then take the day off.  Max, my apologies for putting you on the spot,
I should have asked first.  I was not "chumming", I was--and still
am--looking for thoughts, facts and opinions (not many people with visible
handicaps on the trail, you know).

Datto, Orange Bug, Saunterer, and others, thank you for your discourse.  I
too have misgivings about what the "extremists" will "do to the AT".
Because the ATC is in meetings about exactly this issue, I as a member and
maintainer of local trail, wanted to hear other voices on this subject.
Thanks (really)!

  Hopefully when the report is published, all of you will respond to the
Conference with the passion heard on this list.  ATC must hear from users,
not just Bureaucrats.  Don't be afraid,  there is no proposal (according to
my ATC rep) to "pave the AT to 1:12".  There are--I personally
believe--ways to bring others to join our campfire.

In other news, the Berkshire AMC is hosting it's fellow Mass chapters,
Boston and Worcester (that's "wooster" to you) to a work/play weekend on
the AT in and around Mt. Greylock.  Work is on Sat May 22, play is on
Sunday.  Call 413-443-0011 ext #10 to register and reserve a diner/bunk at
Bascom Lodge and/or a tent site.

See you there,

Cosmo